Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Newsletter #00010

*Note*
I put this out, unedited, just nonstop typing. So it may seem a little rough, but it's just too late for me to go through and check it. If you see an error though, tell me and I will fix it.
*Note*

Yay double digits! Haha, who ever thought we would get this far? Sorry about the delay on me publishing, life has just become very hectic. It's very hard to manage time, it's something I really should work on. Time management can be something quite useful...As long as I don't procrastinate. =P If procrastination was a drug, I'd be dead from an overdose. Seriously. I really need to work on time management. And actually, I kind of have. I have an agenda, and I've been writing in it. I keep track of things. Though technically that isn't time management, it's a big step in organization for me. That's another thing I need to work on. How organized I am. If you have ever seen my backpack, or worse, my chemistry binder, you would see I am NOT the most organized person on Earth... =P

We got a Gold Medal for Jazz Band 1!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we get to go to the State Competition! Yay! And Jazz 2 got silver!!!! Yes!!! =D =D =D We all did really good, congrats!

I think it is possible to create aqueous magnetic water. If you take away 3 electrons from an oxygen atom, and then attach two hydrogen atoms, then you would have an H20 molecule with an electron configuration of 1s2 2s2 2p3, which would give it a half filled outermost energy level, making it magnetized. Though this would be difficult to achieve, due to the high electronegativity and ionization energy of oxygen. Soooo, this may be difficult, but I think that it would be quite a fun experiment to do. And then we can drink it, and see what happens! O.o Ought to be interesting. And then we can bombard it with protons! Isn't chemistry fun?

Something that should always be a given in today's society that isn't, is forgiveness. It is something that is difficult, and is not always given. I'll say that I haven't always given it when it's been asked for, because anger is something that is difficult to deal with. Anger is something that everybody has to find a way to cope with, and for some it is more difficult than another person. But back to the topic of forgiveness, it really is something that has to be seen more often. There are people who apologize, without a real reason. They just want somebody to say it's ok, that everything will be alright, and that they are forgiven. I'm one of those people sometimes. And I know that there are others. They may not see that as their reason, but it's mine. It's good just to know that people are forgiving. Coming from difficult pasts is something that everybody has. Each person has their own story to tell, their own past to explore. It can be more difficult for some than for others. But discussing the past, no matter how hard it is, actually helps. No matter how insignificant or trivial something may be, it will eat away at you for quite awhile. I'm not sure if other people can see it this way, but that's how it seems to me. I forgive people, even if it takes awhile. It's hard to do it, but it is possible.

Another thing that I want to talk about is trust. Trust is something that I value above everything else. My friends' trust in me is something that will never have value on it. It is without value. I could never live with myself if I knowingly betrayed a friend. It would kill me on the inside. Anything my friends tell me in confidence, it goes with me to the grave. It is something that I don't think should ever be broken. If you destroy your trust in somebody, you'll never get it back to the way it used to be, no matter how hard you try. Trust is something that is difficult to get between two people, and once it's gone, it's difficult to earn back. Now, personally, I always try and give people the benefit of the doubt when I first meet them. I give them trust to begin with, and if they can't hold up to it soon after, then it becomes difficult for me to become friends with them. I wish that more people give others the benefit of the doubt. It's difficult in today's society, I understand, but still. It's something that is always welcome to those who actually deserve it. Though don't get me wrong, I believe trust still needs to be earned. It's just that first impressions are quite important, especially with something like trust. And once you gain basic trust, it is difficult to get more, but in the end, it's worth it. You really get to know people, and have some really close friends. And something that I recently realized, is that friends are really forced on you, whether you want them or not. I really couldn't see that in middle school, but come high school and it's quite obvious. Friends just sort of happen, and there's nothing to be done to prevent it.

High School has been a real change for me. I've completely changed who I am, and I have become a different person. Some (and I would hope most), are for the better, while there are some that are probably not so great. Nobody can be perfect (like a circle =P). I remember I conversation I had before school started freshman year, and I was wondering aloud that maybe I could change who I was, because I didn't like who I was in middle school. And a person commented that it was impossible, who you are is who you will be. But I think I've proved that person wrong. I've changed who I am. I'm slightly more outgoing (though still shy in my opinion), I have a lot of really close good friends, and I think that I am a better person. In middle school, I necessarily didn't have the best of a life. It was difficult. There were times when it was really bad, especially 7th grade. But I've moved on from the past, and it has been a lot easier. And something that really helped was getting real true friends. I had friends throughout middle school, but they changed every year, depending on who was in my classes, etc. But now, I have really gotten some good friends. They know who they are. I've talked with them, and it really does help ease issues that seem impossible to tackle. It's just something about talking that makes things easier to deal with. You are able to relate with another person, and know for sure that you are not alone in the world. Even when you are at your lowest point, there is always one person that can make you smile, despite you hating the world. Now, high school hasn't been the smoothest road either, but at least I know I'm not alone. And that makes a huge difference. This all relates back to the trust thing, and how much I value it. Not having any "real" friends until recently has made me value trust more than anything. It's just something I've always thought about, but really haven't put into writing, or really even expressed it. I don't regret my past, or what has happened. It's made me into who I am right now, and I have a pretty good idea on who I want to be in the near future. I want to be able to shape myself into that person I can envision. I'll probably never reach who I really want to be, but I plan on coming as close as I can. And I have friends to help me along the way. So, I want to say thanks.

This has been an exceptionally long note. I want to make up for the time I missed, but I also want to make sure I don't forget anything in the topics I'm talking about. These things are really personal and important to me, and they mean a lot. I hope that you can understand where I come from, but I know that not everybody will. It's just the way life is.

Now, to close it out with a small survey. Answer it if you want to, it doesn't matter either way.

1) Si tu peux parler la langue du francais, quel est celui-ci:
Le fromage mange le portable parce que le jambe voudrait le zappeur.
2) Do you enjoy the color purple?
3) What is your favorite color?
4) If you could go to Mars for free, would you?
5) Socks - with or without holes?
6) Were you tagged in this note?
6a) If yes, do you like being tagged?
6b) If no, do you want to be tagged?
7) What is the missing digit?
3.1415_265358_7_32384626
8) Will you read Kasey's note on Friday?
9) Did you answer every question in this survey?
10) Did you like this picture?
















March 4-2009
-By Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment