Thursday, July 16, 2009

Newsletter #00054

Running on about 4 hours of sleep, thanks to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

Overall, I'd say it was an OK movie, but know that my opinion is extremely biased because I've read the books and like them so much. If I didn't read the books, I'd say it was a pretty good movie, and it keeps the storyline going. I won't go into much detail, but if you've read the books, the movie left a lot to be desired. They didn't go into any detail at all, they made some stuff up (a Christmas surprise!...) and to me, it felt like they could have done some stuff better. I liked the movie, don't get me wrong, I just like the books better. Though I'm quite glad that they are splitting the last book into two movies, hopefully they won't be leaving out a lot.



(If you're in college, this entire paragraph basically is useless to you =P)

I know this seems kinda early to be thinking about, but I've started to look into colleges, and I came across a useful tool that helps me look through them. If you go to http://www.mycollegeoptions.org/ and create an account, it makes it really easy to find good colleges. You fill out all your information, what you're interested in, etc., and it finds colleges that match you. Once that happens, you can view more information about the colleges, and see what extracurriculars they have, their list of majors, etc. It's a lot easier to find out information about colleges instead of going to their websites and digging for all the information. So if you want to start looking at different colleges, this is a cool tool to use.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422-yb8TXj8
This is a video of one of the songs we'll be doing for concert band next year! I can't wait to do it. It should be lots of fun! =D Marching season is going to be really good too! Haha, it'll be an awesome year! This year's seniors are lucky.


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0312370156?ie=UTF8&tag=nationalnov09-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0312370156

That is the Amazon.com link to a book I want to read. It was a book that was written during NaNoWriMo, and it looks really interesting. Should be a good read, and I want to try and get it.

Well, this is a rather short newsletter, so I'll try and make up for it next week.

Quote:
Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
- John Quincy Adams

Word:
louche: adj. of questionable taste or morality

July 15-2009
-By Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment