Friday, June 19, 2009

Newsletter #00043

Ok. So, this is kinda my first newseltter in about..... 2 weeks or so. Um, sorry. Next week I don't have a final, so I have no excuse for not putting one out then. Right now I really should be studying for my history final, so I'm going to be typing this quickly, so forgive me if I have any typos/grammatical errors.

Now on to the actual Newsletter.

Something that I thought about in English today was that the past really doesn't exist, only our interpretation of it. There is no way to actually prove that the past existed, only our memories show that it did. And, I think it was in the dualism newseltter, Brad mentioned how our memories can be constantly changing, so there is no way to know for certain that our memories are 100% accurate. This ties in with our ideas on the past/present/future kind of thing, where the past may not be real, the present is so small it barely exists, and it's actually possible to predict the future. Sounds kinda like a fantasy world, but it's true.

While doing the dishes today (doesn't it seem like most of our ideas come from the random things that me, Kasey, and Brad happen to be doing? Well, for me at least that's where I get my ideas =P), I started to listen to things. Not just hearing, but actually listening. Listening to the way each thing makes a sound. The sound of the water, the sound of dishes in the sink, the sound of the sponge squishing, and my brother's music playing in the background. Not focusing on what I was doing, but listening intently to what was going on. Sounds are actually really cool to listen to. A sound is a really complicated thing, even though it may sound simplified. Of course, I couldn't focus on listening for long, seeing as I was supposed to be doing the dishes...

Summer vacation is almost here.. Today was our last "real-ish" day of school. Technically Monday was the last "real" day, because this week there were no double blocks. Just a random tid-bit for those who are not in Gardner.


Ok, I must be psychic. I clicked below Save as Draft, because I had the feeling someting might happen and I'd lose all I wrote. Less than a minute later, my brother unplugs the cord for the laptop I'm on and it immediately shuts down, but I saved this as a draft, so I didn't lose it. I am realllllllly lucky...

Hmmm... I'm out of topics for now. Time for studying... =P


Word: Pedagogue: a teacher

Question: Know any good study techniques?
Question: First thing that comes to mind when you think of salam?

Quote: A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.
- Ghandi

I really like Ghandi, so I think I'm going to do a little bio of him for my next newsletter. That's something else we could possibly start doing.. bios.. hmm... still open to ideas if anyone has them.


Well, that's it. Bon soir mes amis!

June 18-2009
-By Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment