Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Newsletter #00020

My life is like a tangent on a graphing calculator.

See, I told you I'd put it in! Haha, life can most definitely be like one. For people who don't understand what I'm talking about, just take a graphing calculator, and graph the line Y=tan(x) . You'll see what I mean. Anyways, onto my note, I promised a good one.

Life for me is quite interesting. Recently, its seemed like my life has just completely turned upside down, all around, inverted, and gone backwards all at once. It has been extremely confusing. Life has been difficult, and it's been tough. I just don't understand why life has to be difficult sometimes. It seems like it could be so much simpler, but things always seem to come up. Things become difficult, and it becomes hard to manage everything. I try time management, but it always doesn't seem to work. I try to be friends, but at times it seems like its not enough. It just seems that everything that I try to do fails. But not entirely. There have been some good things recently. I don't life. Life seems crazy. I just wonder if life will ever be sane again. Hopefully.

It's my birthday in 11 days! Yep, April 12, Easter Sunday, 2009. Can't wait. =] I get to turn sixteen....ahh finally!

Yep....sooo....what to talk about....

I've tried to organize my life on paper. Has anyone else tried to do that? I know like journals and stuff, but I mean like trying to write down everything, and trying to make sense of it. It's quite difficult.... I actually enjoy writing, but writing about my life has proven more difficult than I first thought.. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Something that I just realized is one of my pet peeves that really annoys me is the mixing up of then and than. Grr, it just makes my brain go haywire.

My definition
Then - Used when making a statement after something else has occurred.
Example - I played basketball, then I played football.

Than - Used when making a comparison between two things.
Example - I'd rather play football than basketball.

Dictionary.com definition
Then - at that time; immediately or soon afterward; next in order of time
Than - in relation to; by comparison with; used, as after comparative adjectives and adverbs, to introduce the second member of an unequal comparison


They are very different! =P

Something that me and Brad have started (yes, another thing), is designing a super-duper-secret building. That's all I'm going to say here, but it involves a tetrahedron in the design. =D

I want to have all energy light bulbs in my house in the future. In my dorm room too in college. I don't care if it will be expensive, I'm doing it. They're green, they'll help the planet, and they produce more light. It is worth it. Also, another idea for being green, is using parking lots and roads for energy. They have a very very hot blacktop in the summer up here, and down south it's almost all the time. But all that heat is going to waste!! We could use that heat for power. Why not? It's just sitting there, doing NOTHING except existing... And by driving on it it's not going to lose heat. It is possible. Just something to think about.

Ok, this is an idea that I came up with in 8th grade. It may not be practical, but I like it. Last year, I used it as my invention in history class, so I had to come up with a name. I called it the Voxaer Delsumo Engine, or VD Engine. It's Latin, and it means Power, Air, and Electricity. Ok, here's my idea. We have electric cars, but from what I know they are inefficient at high speeds, due to the amount of energy they would use. However, with my idea, I think it may be slightly possible for them to now be efficient. If you took two miniature wind turbines, not miniature miniature, but smallish, like the size of a laptop, and put them inside the grill of a car facing outwards, and hooked them up to a generator, my idea would work. The energy created by the turbines spinning while the car is on the highway would produce electricity to power the batteries in the electric car. It would not be enough to produce more energy than is being used, but it would at least slow down that consumption of the electricity by the motor. At least I hope so. I don't know how much energy it would produce, so my idea may be entirely pointless. But I think it's a good idea. And the turbines would run at all speeds, so it would be producing energy at almost any speed. Any opinions?

I want some ice cream right now. Badly. I need cookies and cream, with brownies chunks, hot fudge, chocolate chips, chocolate sprinkles, and some whipped cream. Gah, I just made it worst.... But I LOVE being a chocoholic... It's an amazing disease. =D Or rather, blessing. And I believe dark chocolate has been one of the best things ever created on the face of this planet. I love it. I can not comprehend how somebody cannot like dark chocolate.

Something I just realized, cannot, can not, and can't all mean the same thing, and they are all correct when used. Three ways to say the same thing. And in French, they do not say Oh My God!, or OMG! They say Oh Mon Dieu!, or OMD! Just an fyi if you ever meet a french person.

Well, I don't know what to write about now. So, that is the end of this newsletter. Well, except for the little stuff at the bottom, and here it is:

Quotes
The longest journey is the journey inward.
-Dag Hammarskjold

Be more prompt to go to a friend in adversity than in prosperity.
-Chilo

Facts
It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.

When you die your hair still grows for a couple of months.

My Own Questions
Would you die for any of your friends?
Could you live without electricity for the rest of your life?
Favorite genre of music?
Childhood dream?

April 1-2009
-By Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment