Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Newsletter #00023

The 23rd Newsletter. Wow. This came up fast. Where did the time go? Haha, I can't believe we are this far already. Hopefully by this time next year, we'll be over 100. That would be amazing! But anyways, I have things to talk about...!

Ok, first off is a very big topic that got started in English class today. Our class is reading the book "Into The Wild." It is quite a good book, and I would encourage people to read it if they haven't. In the book, the main character, Chris McCandless, goes out and lives a free style-life. He travels about the country by himself, stopping at places to get an odd job, or enjoy the area. He makes some friends, but always keeps moving. Now, the question that came up is, is Chris independent? Personally, I think he is free-spirited and wants freedom, but he isn't entirely independent. It's a strange situation. I won't judge until I finish the book, but those who have read it I'd like to hear your opinions, without revealing too much of the book. And I'll also use this as one of my questions.

On to my next subject, I would like to discuss our numbers and words. Everything that we say, do, and represent, is all based off of things that us as humans have created to add in an order into the so called madness around us. Each number that we have is used to represent the quantity of something that is existing at a said time in a specific group. Words are used to communicate direction and feelings across to another being. We did not create numbers or words, we have simply evolved them into a more sophisticated form. Animals talk. I do not doubt that. They have their own way of communicating with each other that we just do not understand. Each animal that has a brain is capable of doing it. Something that is random screeching or mumbling of vocals seems just noise to us, but to an animal, it could be something that they understand. Numbers, we did not invent them either. We simply just call them something. Nature uses numbers all the time, and it shows in patterns.

Oh, that just reminded me. Guess what! Everything on this planet that is a living animal had a common ancestor! Well, not all, but the majority. Think about it. Why is it that almost all animals bigger than a fly have 2 eyes, 2 ears, a nose, a mouth, 2 hands (or front paws/legs), and 2 legs (or back legs). For a giant multitude of animals to all have such a striking resemblance (yeah, its a stretch...but you get what I mean) to each other, then it is deduced that there must have been a common ancestor. Now, many different branches of that original thing appeared. Quite a few branches must have appeared. But we all have the same basic things. Most mammals have a way of communicating with each other. Even fish too. They have 2 eyes, a mouth, front and back fins, you see what I mean? It just seems that we all came from something.

Another thing I'd like to mention is I just lost my idea. Wow... I had "Another thing I'd like to mention is" and then the idea just shot right out of my head. Wow. =P Hate it when that happens. Gah, I hate the human brain. It had something to do with Pangea, I think... I'm not sure. And it was a good idea too! AHHHH! Oh well. I'll think of something else.....

I don't know. Want to hear some random facts about myself? If not, then don't read.
I like the color green. Always have. And I've heard that the color green has been the color that geniuses have been known to like.
Based off of online testing, I estimate my IQ to be between 130 and 140.
I don't like cold pizza.
I want to major in Applied Mathematics in college.


Ok, now some questiooonnsss:

1. Do you think somebody can be entirely independent?
2. Do you know your IQ? If so, what is it?
3. Try and create a new word using all the first letter of the first names of all your best friends.
4. Give a definition of said word.
5. Have you ever wanted to eat a waffle?




Oh, and some more recent news personally for me.
I made it into the National Honor Society!
My birthday is in 4 days!!!!!!!!
It's on Easter!
I like chocolate, and I'm an admitted chocoholic. And I am not planning on starting treatment any time soon.




Oh, one more last thing. I think I should compile of list of things me and Brad have talked about, it almost felt like I was repeating some things... I don't want that to happen. So if it is not put in a newsletter next week, I shall make a list of all things mentioned in all the newsletters.

April 8-2009
-By Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment