Thursday, February 19, 2009

Newsletter #00007

There are a lot of superstitions out there. Some of them revolve around numbers. Numbers that are considered to have superstitious properties are 6, 7, and 13. Each of these numbers is unique in its own way. The number 6 is superstitious because it is believed to be the number of the devil. This has even been dates set to be the end of the world because of the number. 6/6/06 was one of those days. But I don’t think it was the end of days, because, um, we’re still here. XD

The number 7 is considered a lucky number. So maybe because this the 7th newsletter, this will be lucky in some way? Eh, maybe.

13 is considered to be unlucky too. Why is there more unlucky numbers than lucky numbers? But Friday the 13th is considered to be unlucky. Walking under a ladder, a black cat walking in front of you, stepping on a crack, breaking a mirror, they are all considered to be “unlucky.”

Something else I want to write about is dreams. Now, I didn’t come up with this idea, Sam did. See, I gave you credit. =] But anyways, dreams are quite interesting. They offer a pathway into a realm of the unknown. Now, while you sleep your brain is just organizing thoughts, and dreams are sidetracks of those thoughts. And, most dreams only last for just a few seconds, though some seem like they last all night. Dreams are also a way of telling yourself something through your subconscious. If you have a strange dream, and remember it, try and see if you can interpret it.

There are some dreams that are interesting, and reoccur with most people. They include dreams of flying, and dreams of falling. I can’t remember having a flying dream, but the falling ones I remember are actually quite interesting. It feels like I’m free falling, and I just keep going. It’s an interesting experience.

This isn’t one of the most organized things I’ve typed, but then again, what is really organization? It’s just something that is considered to be neat and orderly. But that is all on perspective. I’m one of the people who will have a mess (if anybody has seen my backpack or chemistry binder, you would know), but I’ll be able to find something 98% of the time. Yes, I know it’s not the 99.99% that there is when you’re organized, but it is still close enough. Notice it’s not 100%, because nothing can really truly be 100%. Nothing can be 100% positive, especially if you read Brad’s note on Tuesday. But perspective is something that is quite interesting to explore.

Perspective is all on the way we view things. Many things depend on the perspective with which we view things. I could claim that what I’m typing is entirely non-fiction, and everything is a fact, no matter what. However, another person would be able to say that everything I’ve written is fiction, not a single word of it is true. It’s all on how you want to view it. Now, on Brad’s newsletter, there was a comment on it (I believe by Danielle), that mentioned colors. How what if your green was actually somebody’s else’s red? And vice versa? That is something I have thought about, and it is interesting. And there is no way to prove or disprove it. It was a good point, and I just wanted to bring it up.

Now, the kind of writing I do here is entirely informal. It’s all written from my point of view, and how I view the world around me. It’s almost written like you’re inside my mind. However, no matter what words I use to describe it, my mind is my own, and there is nothing that can be done. But what I write is really close to what I think. Now, I could write entirely formal.

I would be competent to compose a wholesome complete statement if I opted to.
Or, I can write just like this, simple, and to the point.

Honestly, I prefer to write simply. Formal is nice to write in, but I don’t enjoy it as much. This is much easier to do.

So, that is all I have left to say. Enter the contest, or just like what we write and express your own opinion. I do know that some people have used their ability to disagree (which I mentioned in the first note), which is great. So, instead of a puzzle, here are some nice quotes to ponder about.





Things that are done, it is needless to speak about...things that are past, it is needless to blame.
-Confucius

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
-Mohandas Gandhi


Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
-Buddha

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.
-Plato

February 19-2009
-By Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment