Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Newsletter #00058

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
"Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose what is easy and what is right."
"The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and therefore should be treated with great caution."
- Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore


"...the only thing we have to fear is fear itself..."
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt


Fear is something that troubles every human being: big and small, young and old; we are all affected by it. These fears can be rational, irrational, minor or troubling. Whatever the case, we all experience some type of fear. Some people can overcome their fears, while others struggle with them throughout their life. Fear is an essential tool in life, and really, without it we wouldn't be able to survive. Fear is a part of us, and we need to come to accept it. I'm not judging whether a fear is rational or irrational - to every person, their fear is rational to themselves, and that's what matters.

Something that should be known: Don't judge unless you want to be judged yourself. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all. Those are some sayings you may have heard, and they are true. If you go and ridicule someone of their fear, be prepared for them to do it back to you. And just try and be a nice person. There is no reason to insult a person. Even if they are jerks to you, you loathe them, and you can't stand them, don't insult them. There are those people in the world who, no matter what, will get on your nerves. Just ignore them. It's hard, but it's worth it. Even if the person deserves it, just ignore them. Now, I realize I'm no perfect person, and I've been a hypocrite to what I've just wrote, but it's something I try to do.

For some reason, I have a really high code of honor, or whatever, I'm not sure exactly what to call it. I can never stop helping a person. I'm the president of Leo Club, an Officer in SADD, I want to do more community service, I just feel a need to help the world as best I can, and make a difference. I want to do so much, but at times it feels like I'm not going to be good enough. I set way too high expectations of myself, but I want to reach them so badly. Yet it seems like I never do enough. I've been thinking too much lately, so I've been agitated, but I just feel like I should be doing something productive. Thankfully, I consider writing productive, in that it makes the mind work and be creative, without being destructive, which is why I like it so much. Math is the organized structure of my life, though I recently acquired a book that is telling me otherwise, which will be the entire base of my next newsletter. I need to read it through another time or two, it's a lot of confusing physics and stuff....

I felt compelled the other day to inform the readers of our newsletters about the various designs of teeth, and to educate you all about the various kinds, and what they do. You may know some of the information, but it is somewhat interesting nonetheless, and you can use your newly acquired knowledge to entertain people with random facts, or the next time you see a person eating, inform of exactly what they are doing.

First, there are the incisors. They are made biting, and for cutting.
Next, there are the cuspids. They are for shaped for tearing at food.
Bicuspids are used for crushing food.
Molars are there for grinding foot.
An example of the human mouth.



Well, that's it for my newsletter. I already gave some quotes, so those will suffice for this newsletter.

Now, instead of asking questions to YOU, I want you to ask ME questions. Since we're always asking you things, now you can ask us. They can be whatever you want. Try and make them geared towards the three halves of us, Me, Kasey, and Brad, though you can direct individual questions. I haven't talked to either them about this, so if they don't answer questions you ask them, sorry. Just to try something new. I'll answer some in my next newsletter, and if Kasey and Brad want, they can answer some too. So, what questions do you have?

August 5-2009
-By Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment