Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Newsletter #00066

Josh
January 19-2010

EDIT: First Newsletter of 2010!

66... One number away from the number 666, the so-called "Devil's Number". Something with Book of Revelations in the Bible or something. I don't know.

Uh, yeah. Just doing this because I really don't have anything else to do. Midterms this week, already did English and History. French and Physics tomorrow. Je sais deja tous de mots en francais que j'ai besoin de savoir a demain. (I already know all the French words I need to know for tomorrow.) And in Physics we get an equation sheet. So yeah... Nothing to do.

I was reading the past Newsletters, and realized how much I miss them. Putting in the quotes, writing about random things. It was fun. So I've decided to do this one. I don't really have much to talk about though. I'll be rambling, which is what I normally do. Yay for ADD. :P

I recently found a college, that I think is actually perfect for me. It's the Wentworth Institute of Technology. After taking Drafting I this year, I realized how much I really do like it. I've been thinking about majoring in CAD or Architectural Design, but this school has a major that I'm really interested in. This is copied from their website:

Civil Engineering Technology, B.S. degree

Civil engineering technologists are among the most established and respected of all engineering professionals. Historically, civil engineering technology has focused on the design and construction of infrastructures such as highways, bridges, buildings, utilities, treatment plants, dams, tunnels, subways, and airports. In addition, the profession is now equally concerned with preserving the environment.

As a student iin our Civil Engineering Technology program, you'll be prepared to enter the profession as a productive member of design-build teams with the potential to become an innovative technical problem-solver and industry leader. You will acquire technical skills such as surveying, laboratory and field testing, and the use of computers for analysis, design, and computer-aided drafting (CAD). The math and computer-based curriculum includes courses in structural analysis and design, soil and foundation design, transportation engineering, municipal planning, fluid mechanics, and water and wastewater treatment design. Classroom studies are complemented by applied lab work, and the successful completion of two co-op work semesters beginning junior year. This program is accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. (See www.abet.org for information about TAC/ABET accreditation.)

As a graduate you will choose from a variety of careers, including positions with engineering consulting companies, state or federal government, local municipalities, construction firms, or architecture/surveying companies.

This program has basically everything I could want. I love analyzing, designing stuff (anybody remember the school mentioned way back when that Brad and I were designing? I've actually started building a 3-D model of it on the computer. It looks really cool. :D ) CAD is something I haven't done a lot with, but we're going to be doing next year in Drafting II (Architectural Design). It'll be lots of fun.


I just realized I write quite a bit about what interests me, and not what is interesting to me is not necessarily the same for other people. Oh well. :P

So yeah... The whole Coakley/Brown thing-a-bober, I didn't really care for it. People were saying that she bashed him, and then vice versa, and blah blah blah. Sure, more politics. I'm normally interested in them, but I think that my life has just been so hectic with worrying about my History midterm (FINALLY DONE!) and whatnot, it just got pushed to the side. I'll see the effects of what happens probably in a month or two. Until then, I really don't care. I couldn't have voted anyways. Minors don't get that right.

Hmmm... I was recently asked by Patrick what my favorite ice cream flavor is. I have many, but I really do enjoy Chocolate Chocolate Chip, in case anybody is interested...

I got an iPod Touch for Christmas. It's quite enjoyable. I use it more than my phone now, and normally my phone's battery is dead. ^.^ I want an iPhone, that way I don't need to worry about two electronics.

I don't buy my music legally. http://www.thepiratebay.org/ It's where I get all my music, all my games, everything. It's amazing. If you ever need any help with it, just ask. You can get movies, games, music, anything. It's quite useful. And it's all for free. Now I just hope that some stalker FBI Agent doesn't find my Facebook, and this note exactly. Like that'd ever happen.

Kasey is writing her Newsletter right now. We both feel the need to procrastinate, and for some reason this has sparked Newsletter creativity within us. Whatever, I'm enjoying writing this. Let's see.... anything else? I want an interesting topic...

OH!

For those of you who don't know, Chase Community Giving is going on right now. If you've seen any of my Facebook statuses, or even my profile picture, you'd know. One of the charities (that is currently in the lead with the most votes! :D ) is To Write Love On Her Arms. It is an amazing organization, and they'll be using the money to launch a brand new helpful tool in suicide prevention, called IM Alive. (I Am Alive; Instant Messaging Alive) This client will be staffed by trained people in crisis situations. It'll be a big help for those who don't want to call things like 1-800-SUICIDE. This will be something amazing, I'm sure. For more information, go to http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/1299927 to vote for them, and see what they have to say. Their regular website is http://www.twloha.com/

TWLOHA is an amazing, cause, and I support it so much. Really, go on their website, and read what they're about. They want to raise awareness about teen suicide and self-harm. To show your support for this, when there is a TWLOHA Day, you simply write the word "Love" on your arms. It helps raise awareness. The next day is February 12th, and we will actually be having some stuff going on at GHS.


Well, this is a rather lengthy Newsletter, and I'm quite pleased with it. I enjoyed writing it, and I really want to keep doing these again.

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
- Mark Twain

"The future depends on what we do in the present."
- Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment