Thursday, January 29, 2009

Newsletter #00001

How to begin? I have never done this before, except for in my mind. Which isn't the most organized of places. So see if you can follow my thought process. I'm basically just going to write whatever pops into my head, and if it turns out that I end up focusing on something, than so be it.

Earlier this morning I discovered I was scared of dying. Sounds weird, but it's true. Have you ever tried to imagine not existing? Think about it. Just going into a void. Except you don't know it. It's just empty. You have no conscious thought, you never even knew you existed. You are just not . If you think about it long enough, you just get this weird feeling inside of you. It's not really possible to describe, but you'll know it when you feel it. It's just a feeling of... empty. Loneliness, if you are in Mrs. Pierce's class. But I'm not sure that's even it. I guess this leads me to my next subject - religion.

Religion is one of the most debatable topics in the world today. We have Jews, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, everybody. They all believe in some type of afterlife. Which would be a great solution to the above. It seems that everywhere, the people who follow the religion are either best friends with each other, or enemies. There's so much on this topic, but that's for later. My mind has decided to lead me to the Middle East.

The War on Terror. Desert Storm. Why are we over there? We try and fix other people's countries, without realizing the problems within our own. Did you ever notice the shrinking middle class? Or how prices of everything have gone up? Our economy is slowly slipping, and so far our government has giving us bailouts. Bailouts on the auto industry, banks, hey, while you're at it, I'm in debt a couple million, spare me some change? I'm not criticizing what they've done, I'm saying that we need something other than a temporary band-aid to cover up a bullet wound. Sure, the skin will heal, but everything inside will get messed up. Next up, Obama.

Mr. President Barack Obama. Has promised great change for this country, and hopefully he'll bring it. His inauguration speech was great.

"We will build the roads and bridges, the electric grids and digital lines that feed our commerce and bind us together. We will restore science to its rightful place and wield technology's wonders to raise health care's quality..."

Hopefully it will come true. I think that we need more mass transit in our country. People (used to) complain about insane gas prices and such, but now that's over. Still, we need to rebuild the rail lines and start using those. How often do you ride a train? I haven't, though I've heard it's quite enjoyable. We use planes, but why not trains? Sure, it's a longer ride than a plane, but you get a bed to sleep on (if applicable), a food cart (where provided), and you get to watch all the lovely scenery up close, not thousands of feet away. I think it would be more enjoyable. But feel free to disagree. That's a very important right we have. To disagree.

Disagreeing with somebody is really important. We always feel the need to voice our opinion, and without it, how would our society be? If I couldn't say what I wanted, I would fell unappreciated, downtrodden, insignificant, unworthy, and downright miserable. If you couldn't speak out against the government, how would we ever fix it? (see Utopia) Always voice your opinion, and do not shy down. It could cost you in the end.

Which brings me about to my closure. I've voiced my opinion, and now it's time to hear yours. Tell me what you think of this. If you want to hear something for next time, comment so Brad will know. If you have something good to say, feel free to. Constructive criticism is welcomed, but please don't be a complete and utter jerk and by saying:

YOUR WRONG! RANT RANT RANT

I think I have the power to delete those comments, so posting them would be pointless in the end. Anyways, before leaving, here's some food for thought:

• Barack Obama's name has the little red squiggly underneath it saying it's misspelled. Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler, and Fidel Castro aren't. Just a little tidbit.
• Ben (not my brother) wanted me to mention Nazi breast feeding, which apparently was all part of Hitler's master plan. He would inject them with a serum that had special nutrients to make all babies super soldiers.
• In my opinion, a perfect circle does not exist. More on this to come.
• I purposely put four zeros in front of the 1. Who knows, maybe we will reach 10,000 newsletters. You can do the math on that one to figure out when the 10,000th will be published.So that's it.

January 29-2009
-by Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment